Starting this Monday, Aug. 30, Indiana AI Week will feature five days of virtual presentations and discussions bringing together faculty, business leaders, federal officials and others to foster future collaborations. Featured speakers include U.S. Senator Todd Young and Erwin Gianchandani, the National Science Foundation's deputy assistant director for computer and information science and engineering.
Indiana AI Week—Join the conversation!
IU sponsored funding for FY 2021
Indiana University received nearly $733 million in sponsored funding for research, instruction, and service in FY 2021.Read more about the numbers
Early COVID-19 vaccinations save nearly 140,000 lives
During the first five months of U.S. vaccination efforts, 139,393 deaths were prevented, according to a new study by IU and RAND Corp.Read more about the study
Studying the past sheds light on today's immigration issues
An IUPUI anthropologist sheds light on today’s immigration issues through stories of Jewish immigration to Indiana in the early 20th century.Read more about the research
Insect farming to address food shortages
To combat climate change and a shrinking food supply, scientists at IU, along with industrial partners, are exploring the use of insects as food and feed in agriculture.Read more about the work
IU research in the news
Resources and events
- Dr. Amanda Vincent will deliver the Indianapolis Prize Lecture, "Saving Seahorses to Save the Seas" on Sept. 22 at 12 noon in IU's Presidents Hall. The prize honors wildlife conservation efforts, and the lecture is co-hosted and co-sponsored by the IU Vice President for Research, the Office of the Provost, and the Indianapolis Prize. RSVP to attend the lecture.
- IU researchers may find new information and assistance regarding complying with government requirements concerning undue foreign influence on IU's research website.
- The IU Emergency Equity Fund for Research continues to accept applications for funds to support certain research-related needs not already met by existing funding sources. Apply online.
- Searching for external research funding? Find information and resources to help you locate relevant funding from external sources, including the Pivot funding search tool.
- Access the latest IU research news from your smart speaker or other smart device. Audio news briefings are now available every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on various channels.
- Don't miss a thing! Follow IU Research on Facebook and Twitter. IU Research now has 10 special Twitter ambassadors, helping to showcase the contributions IU faculty make every day to help make life better for Hoosiers everywhere. Give them a follow!