Deep in the Bering Sea, Alaska's Yupik communities are at risk from modern-day chemicals including PCBs. An IU researcher is investigating the chemical contamination to help restore and sustain the health and traditional way of life of Alaska's Indigenous peoples.
Restoring health and well-being to Alaskan Indigenous people
Understanding spreading patterns of Alzheimer’s
IU research may improve understanding of the spread of plaques and tangles that are the hallmark of Alzheimer's disease and lead to new measures to preserve brain function by exploring links between Alzheimer’s and connectomics, an area of neuroscience.Read more about the research
Hoosier concern over future pandemics growing
According to the Hoosier Life Survey 2.0, from IU's Environmental Resilience Institute, nearly 1 in 2 Indiana residents anticipate being affected by disease outbreak in the next decade — compared to 1 out of 5 who felt the same in 2019.Read more about the survey
Can we ever have civil conversation online?
An IU social scientist is investigating how political deliberation and polarization play out on Facebook with the goal of helping move online conversation from polarization to inclusion.Read more about the research
Vegetation stunted in warming climate
In a first-of-its-kind study, IU researchers found that vegetation growth in the Northern Hemisphere over the past 30 years is becoming increasingly water-limited as global temperatures increase.Read more about the research
IU research in the news
Resources and events
- IU researchers may find new information and assistance regarding complying with government requirements concerning undue foreign influence on IU's research website.
- Indiana Artificial Intelligence Week is coming! Mark your calendars for Aug. 30-Sept. 3, 2021 for a week of discussions about AI throughout Indiana, hosted by IU, Regenstrief Institute, Luddy School of Informatics, Computing and Engineering, and the IUPUI Institute of Integrative AI.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci will receive the Ryan White Distinguished Leadership Award from the IU School of Public Health-Bloomington on Dec. 6. A "fireside chat" will be part of the virtual event. Register for the event.
- The IU Emergency Equity Fund for Research continues to accept applications for funds to support certain research-related needs not already met by existing funding sources. Apply online.
- Searching for external research funding? Find information and resources to help you locate relevant funding from external sources, including the Pivot funding search tool.
- Access the latest IU research news from your smart speaker or other smart device. Audio news briefings are now available every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on various channels.
- Don't miss a thing! Follow IU Research on Facebook and Twitter. IU Research now has 10 special Twitter ambassadors, helping to showcase the contributions IU faculty make every day to help make life better for Hoosiers everywhere. Give them a follow!