A university-wide survey initiated by Indiana University's Gender Equity in Research Task Force reveals a dramatic negative impact of the pandemic on research productivity and tenure progress among women researchers.
IU survey findings reveal dramatic impact of pandemic on gender inequity, research productivity
Using big data to improve health care
In search for new interventions to improve the quality of life for many patients, IUPUI’s Wendy Miller is putting artificial intelligence—especially big data—to use.Read more about the research
Cicada benefits for forest environments
The emergence of the 17-year Brood X has brought lots of noise, but also benefits for the forest environment.Listen to the podcast
Tour an arts, humanities showplace
The new Gayle Karch Cook Center for Public Arts and Humanities in IU Bloomington's historic Maxwell Hall is making transformative arts and humanities experiences accessible to people throughout the university, state, and beyond. Through the digitization magic of IU's UITS Research Technologies 3D Initiative, you can enjoy a complete 3D tour of its beautifully renovated spaces.Take a tour of Maxwell Hall and the Cook Center
Strengthening IU's partnership with Native American tribes
As part of its commitment to the rights and interests of tribal nations, IU has taken several new measures to strengthen its tribal partnerships, including establishing a first-of-its-kind Native American Graves and Repatriation Act review board of tribal leaders and IU researchers.
Read more about the new measures
IU research in the news
Resources and events
- Upcoming events of interest:
- Precision Health Grand Challenge virtual roundtable, highlighting PHI work on childhood sarcomas. Featuring the parents of the late Tyler Trent, a research advocate and tumor donor. June 7, 11 a.m. Register.
- IU has secured free group access to the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education’s upcoming Corporate and Foundation Relations Officers Seminar Series that brings together development professionals, grant writers, officers, and prospect researchers to discuss opportunities and challenges in securing external support. The seminars will be held June 10, June 16, and June 24. Individuals must register by 5:00pm ET on June 9. For complete details on how to register, contact email@example.com.
- The IU Emergency Equity Fund for Research continues to accept applications for funds to support certain research-related needs not already met by existing funding sources. Apply online.
- Searching for external research funding? Find information and resources to help you locate relevant funding from external sources.
- Access the latest IU research news from your smart speaker or other smart device. Audio news briefings are now available every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on various channels.
- Don't miss a thing! Follow IU Research on Facebook and Twitter.