What is the unsung category of sustainable and nutritious protein that has yet to widely catch on? Insects, according to two IU professors.
Five reasons why eating insects could reduce climate change
Race, justice and religion in America
A new research project aims to amplify and strengthen efforts to prevent violence and discrimination against Africana religious practitioners, including those in Indianapolis.Learn more about his research
IU partners with Native American tribe to expand COVID-19 study
A new study site will give IU researchers the unique opportunity to better understand the COVID-19 virus and immune responses to it in a Native American population.Read about the study
IU research in the news
Resources and events
- We want to hear from you. Take a quick survey to share how you want to receive relevant internal funding and collaboration opportunities, events and more. Take the survey.
- The Office of the Vice Provost for Research is offering seed funding of up to $40,000 through its Faculty Research Support Program. The program supports new research projects that have not been previously submitted for external funding but are targeted for submission to a specific agency and whose likelihood of funding would increase with the acquisition of data or proof of concept. The deadline for the next round of funding is Friday, April 1. More information and application available online.
- Searching for external research funding? Find information and resources to help you locate relevant funding from external sources, including the Pivot funding search tool.
- The public is invited to attend Sigma Xi's Kickoff Event and Awarding of the Dean's Medallon with author and biologist Sean B. Carroll. "The Serengeti Rules: The Regulation and Restoration of Biodiversity" virtual discussion takes place from 1 to 2:30 p.m., on March 4.
- Join the "African Migrant Fathers in the US: Parenting in a new Land" virtual event on March 17, offered by the IU School of Social Work. The webinar will explore the role of the African migrant father in the family and how practitioners can strengthen these fathers' parenting practices by acknowledging their experiences, challenges and culture. Register for the free webinar.
- Access the latest IU research news from your smart speaker or other smart device. Audio news briefings are now available every Monday, Wednesday and Friday on various channels.
- Don't miss a thing! Follow IU Research on Facebook, IU Research on Twitter, and LinkedIn. IU Research now has 18 special Twitter ambassadors, helping to showcase the contributions IU faculty make every day to help make life better for Hoosiers everywhere. Give them a follow!