IU researchers are developing a wearable device to detect and treat an opioid overdose in real time, thanks to a National Institute on Drug Abuse grant.
To help combat autism stigma and improve relationship building for and with those who are neurodiverse, IUPUC researchers are working to better understand human use of movement to convey emotion.
IU helping teacher shortage
Responding to the dire need for substitute teachers, a newly-developed IU School of Education course is training students to navigate the application process and how to substitute teach, providing hands-on experience for students and much-needed help for area schools.
Building a competitive advantage
Companies around the globe have become more energy efficient and sustainable, thanks to the work of Kelley School of Business researcher Amrou Awaysheh and his students.
Antidepressants during pregnancy
Antidepressant use in pregnant women is unlikely to cause seizures in newborn babies and epilepsy in children, according to a new study by IU researchers.
IU research in the news
Funding opportunities and resources
- Searching for external research funding? Find information and resources to help you locate relevant funding from external sources, including the Pivot funding search tool.
- Need equipment, datasets or software to help conduct your research? IU researchers can search an online database to find university resources that are shareable with researchers or submit their own equipment from their laboratory or core to encourage broader use.
- Information about private foundation and corporate funding opportunities is available through the Office of Foundation Relations and Office of Business Partnerships. Faculty interested in these opportunities can find more information online.
- Faculty are invited to learn more about IU’s membership in the Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine and Health, a consortium of more than 75 of the world’s most recognized academic medical centers and health systems. As a member of the consortium, the IU School of Medicine will have a community of support with other prestigious institutions including a collective voice influencing change. More information is available online and faculty may attend a June meeting to learn more.
- A group from across the university has been tasked with providing recommendations towards an Indiana University Research Data Commons, a collective recognition of the importance of a university-wide resource for discovering, sharing and accessing data resources across the IU community. To provide feedback, join the group at an open town hall meeting at 1 p.m. on Monday, May 23, or submit a brief survey. Learn more about the working group.
- Join the Indiana Geological and Water Survey's Open House from 1 to 5 p.m. on Friday, June 3, to celebrate the completion of their $10M renovation. The event features lightning talks from IGWS scientists, lab tours and demonstrations, a legislator presentation, the opening of the Learning Lab and refreshments. Learn more about the event.
- Access the latest IU research news from your smart speaker or other smart device. Audio news briefings are now available every Monday, Wednesday and Friday on various channels.
- Don't miss a thing! Follow IU Research on Facebook, IU Research on Twitter, and LinkedIn. IU Research now has 18 special Twitter ambassadors, helping to showcase the contributions IU faculty make every day to help make life better for Hoosiers everywhere. Give them a follow!