Funding opportunities and resources
- The IUB and IUPUI campuses are holding a student designed T-shirt contest. Prizes will be awarded to the top three designs, which will be entered into a campus-wide vote to select the winning design on Nov. 10. Deadline: Nov. 4.
- The Russell Sage Foundation is accepting letters of inquiry for social science research projects that address questions in the following fields: behavioral economics; decision making & human behavior in context; future of work; social, political and economic inequality; or social movements. PIs will submit four-page letters of inquiry that will be reviewed by the foundation to determine an invitation to submit a full proposal. Awards will be up to $200,000. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Deadline: Nov. 9.
- The Faculty Assistance in Data Science program pairs faculty in any discipline with graduate students pursuing a M.S. in Data Science through the Luddy School for summer research internships. The paid internships cover up to 150 hours of student effort on a faculty research project. Internships will be awarded to students on a competitive basis. Students are carefully matched to faculty projects using faculty preferences, demonstrated competencies and interest in an analytic area. Deadline: Dec. 1.
- The Bantz-Petronio Translating Research Into Practice Faculty Awardrecognizes outstanding work in translating research into practice by a faculty member at IUPUI. The recipient receives a cash award of $1,000. Deadline: Jan. 22, 2023.
- The Charles R. Bantz Chancellor’s Community Fellowship Award($40,000) links academic expertise to community action, with the expectation that community partners and IUPUI students are involved in planning and achieving this work. Deadline: Jan. 22, 2023.
- The IU Presidential Arts and Humanities program provides funding in support of research and creative activity through a variety of mechanisms, including a Fellows Program as well as travel and production grants. The Research website outlines each of the categories of funding as well as eligibility and application requirements. All grant categories are currently open for applications.
- Looking for additional funding opportunities? Use Pivot to search for external funding to support your work. Private foundation and corporate funding is also available through the Office of Business Partnerships and the Office of Foundation Relations.