IU's Environmental Resilience Institute received the state’s most prestigious environmental award for its work in helping Indiana communities prepare for the impacts of climate change such as more extreme heat and greater precipitation.
Award-winning support for Indiana communities
Halloween safety 2021
Halloween is right around the corner. But with most kids of trick-or-treating age unvaccinated, what activities are safe? IU pediatrician and Chief Health Officer Aaron Carroll offers tips.Read about Halloween safety
Combating COVID-19 misinformation
Brief exposure to an infographic about the scientific process may strengthen people's trust in science and reduce the influence of COVID-19 misinformation, according to a new IU study.Read about the study
New IU member of National Academy of Medicine
IU's Kosali Simon has been elected to the prestigious National Academy of Medicine for her insights on how economic and social factors interact with government regulations to affect health and health care delivery, including during the pandemic.Read about Simon's election
Helping industry be more secure, energy efficient
To help companies to make more secure and informed decisions on energy-saving measures, IUPUI’s Industrial Assessment Center is developing a system using models based on real-time and historical data.Read about the research
IU research in the news
Resources and events
- Join the Precision Health Initiative virtual roundtable on multiple myeloma research, Oct. 25, 3 pm. Register for the roundtable.
- Learn how to advance your research in these upcoming proposal development workshops: Early Stage Investigator Information Session, Oct. 29 at 10 am and NSF CAREER Early Planning, Nov. 8 at 3 pm.
- IU faculty: Did you know high-performance computing and storage, research software, advanced visualization and data services, and expert consulting are available to you? Review the 50+ services supported by UITS Research Technologies.
- Searching for external research funding? Find information and resources to help you locate relevant funding from external sources, including the Pivot funding search tool.
- Access the latest IU research news from your smart speaker or other smart device. Audio news briefings are now available every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on various channels.
- Don't miss a thing! Follow IU Research on Facebook and Twitter. IU Research now has 10 special Twitter ambassadors, helping to showcase the contributions IU faculty make every day to help make life better for Hoosiers everywhere. Give them a follow!