Funding opportunities and resources
- Release Time for Research allows IUPUI faculty a “buy out” of teaching time to adequately prepare competitive proposals for quality research and scholarly activity. Deadline: Sept. 9.
- The Research Support Funds Grant program at IUPUI enhances the research mission of IUPUI by providing seed funding for research projects and scholarly activities that are sustainable through external funding. Grantees are required to submit proposals for external funding. Deadline: Oct. 1.
- The Distinguished Faculty Research Award and Lecture recognizes the achievements of an IU Bloomington faculty member whose research makes important contributions to society. It is open to current tenured or tenure-track faculty at IU Bloomington only. Deadline: Oct. 3.
- The Faculty Research Support-Seed Funding grantin IU Bloomington supports new research projects at IU Bloomington that have not been previously submitted for external funding from federal, state, international or private entities but are targeted for submission to a specific external agency and whose likelihood of funding on submission would increase with the acquisition of data or proof of concept. Deadline: Nov. 1.
- The IU Presidential Arts and Humanities program provides funding in support of research and creative activity through a variety of mechanisms, including a Fellows Program as well as travel and production grants. The Research website outlines each of the categories of funding as well as eligibility and application requirements. All grant categories are currently open for applications.
- Searching for external funding to support your work? Use Pivot, an external funding database.
- Private foundation and corporate funding opportunities are available through the Office of Business Partnerships and the Office of Foundation Relations.