Only 44.8% of Indiana caregivers have vaccinated or will be vaccinating their school-age children, according to a new survey conducted by IUPUI and state partners. But a recommendation from a trusted health care provider can be a strong motivator to vaccinate.
Survey measures COVID-19 vaccine intentions among parents of Indiana children
IU artist's mask design leads toward patent
Eighteen months after she began folding origami face masks from household items, IU artist and designer Jiangmei Wu has refined her design into an adjustable, reusable, fold-it-yourself mask now called "Oricool."Read more about Wu's work
Training the next generation of AI, cybersecurity experts
Building on its experience in preparing students for cybersecurity careers, IU will now train the next generation of experts to address cyber vulnerabilities and identify threats using artificial intelligence.Read more about the work
Partnering to combat the state's opioid epidemic
IU acknowledges the families, researchers, and many community partners who have committed to making Indiana a healthier state through IU's Responding to the Addictions Crisis Grand Challenge.Watch the video
New program brings artists to interact with students, community
Zakkiyyah najeebah dumas o'neal is the inaugural IU Engaged Artist-in-Residence in a program connecting artists with students and community members through workshops, outreach programs and exhibitions, based at IU Bloomington.Read more about the program
IU research in the news
Resources and events
- Starting Sept. 17, Natan Diacon-Furtado, an IU Institute for Advanced Study Repository Research Fellow, will exhibit his projection art at Wylie House, exploring the lives of three historic individuals who lived there. Learn more about the exhibit.
- Marine conservationist Amanda Vincent, the 2021 Indianapolis Prize Winner, will share her work during an upcoming lecture at 12 p.m., Sept. 22 at Presidents' Hall on the IU Bloomington campus. RSVP for the lecture.
- IUPUI researchers can connect and engage with research support units that can help build and advance their research programs during IUPUI's Research On-boarding Orientation on Sept. 29 at 10 a.m. via Zoom. Find out more about ROBO.
- Starting Sept. 30, IU offers the Responsible Conduct of Research workshop series to all members of the IU research community. Topics include protecting research subjects; threats to research integrity, and advice on reporting and practicing research. Find out more about the RCR series.
- IU researchers may find new information and assistance regarding complying with government requirements concerning undue foreign influence on IU's research website.
- The IU Emergency Equity Fund for Research continues to accept applications for funds to support certain research-related needs not already met by existing funding sources. Apply online.
- Searching for external research funding? Find information and resources to help you locate relevant funding from external sources, including the Pivot funding search tool.
- Access the latest IU research news from your smart speaker or other smart device. Audio news briefings are now available every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on various channels.
- Don't miss a thing! Follow IU Research on Facebook and Twitter. IU Research now has 10 special Twitter ambassadors, helping to showcase the contributions IU faculty make every day to help make life better for Hoosiers everywhere. Give them a follow!