- The Bantz-Petronio TRIP Award recognizes outstanding work in translating research into practice by a faculty member at IUPUI. Candidates’ research should be interdisciplinary and/or cross-disciplinary and intentionally directed toward positively impacting people’s lives within or beyond the state of Indiana. Awardees receive $1,000 and must be a faculty member at IUPUI to apply. Deadline: Jan. 15.
- The Whitehall Foundation Basic Biological Research Grants assist those dynamic areas of basic biological research that are not heavily supported by federal agencies or other foundations with specialized missions. The program is designed for researchers at the assistant professor level who experience difficulty in competing for research funds because they have not yet become firmly established. Additionally, grants-in-aid can also be made to senior scientists. Awardees receive $30,000 to $75,000 per year for up to three years (research grants), and up to $30,000 for one year (grants-in-aid). Deadline: Jan. 15.
- Applications for the Eastman Residency for the Arts and Humanities are now being accepted. This program supports all IU faculty in the arts and humanities by providing residencies from one to three weeks on the IU-owned Eastman property on Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts. IU faculty with a clearly defined research or creative project that would benefit from time away from campus are encouraged to apply. The residency supports individual faculty projects, small research team projects for four to five faculty, as well as cross-disciplinary team meetings or symposia of a humanistic or artistic nature. You must be logged into InfoReady to apply. Deadline: Jan. 19.
- The Bantz Community Fellowship provides up to one year of research support for a collaborative research team made up of IUPUI faculty and students, which may also include staff. Working with a named community partner organization, the team will be brought together to address a pressing community issue, primarily in Central Indiana or in the awardee’s campus region. Awardees receive $40,000 and must be a faculty member at IUPUI to apply. Deadline: Jan. 23.
- The IU Presidential Arts & Humanities Production Grants fund the technical manifestation of prior research or work, supporting performance costs (e.g. hiring performers, sound equipment, studio rental); exhibit costs (e.g. shipping, packing); fees for monographs and article production (open access and image fees); sound, film and video editing/production; printing and design; and advertising. Awardees receive up to $15,000. You must be logged into InfoReady to apply. Deadline: Jan. 31.
- The IU Presidential Arts & Humanities Fellows Program is an academic year fellowship program that accelerates and amplifies the work of outstanding Indiana University faculty poised to become national and international leaders in their respective areas. The overall goal of the program is to lift and promote Indiana University’s already stellar arts and humanities communities and ensure their continued prestige with an eye to promoting research that makes the campuses national and international centers for scholarship. Awardees receive up to $50,000. You must be logged into InfoReady to apply. Deadline: Jan. 31.
- The IU Research and Creative Activity Conference Grants, sponsored by IU Research, provide IU faculty the opportunity to apply for matching funds to curate and host an innovative conference on an IU campus. The purpose is to convene scholars from other institutions around the country and the world with IU faculty and students to explore novel ideas and initiatives, expand scholarly networks and build new research and creative activity partnerships. Funding is up to $15,000. Deadline: Open.
- The IU Research Equipment Fund provides support for purchasing new research or creative activity equipment, for repairing or upgrading existing equipment and for datasets at IU university-wide that are strategically necessary to support high-quality research, attract and retain research faculty and generate external funding for IU Research. All requests should be more than $5,000 (after the required cost-share is secured). There is no maximum request. Deadline: Open.
- Looking for additional funding opportunities? Private foundation and corporate funding is also available through Corporate and Foundation Relations.