Funding opportunities and resources
- The New York Academy of Sciences' Innovators in Science Award in Cancer Immunology recognizes both an early-career and a senior-career scientist. The winning scientists will receive $200,000. Deadline: Feb. 8.
- The Research Equipment Fund supports the purchase or development of research equipment, including upgrades and major repairs, instrumentation or datasets costing $15,000 or more that is used for research in the natural, physical, health, information or social sciences. Deadline: Mar. 1.
- The Sontag Foundation's Distinguished Scientist Award seeks to support early-career scientists in the field of brain cancer research. Awardees will receive $750,000 over five years. Deadline: Mar. 15.
- The Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences and the Pew-Stewart Scholars for Cancer Research provides funding to researchers within the first four years of their appointment at the assistant professor level. The award provides $300,000 in flexible support—$75,000 per year for a four-year period. Deadline: Mar. 20.
- The Howard Hughes Medical Institute is seeking creative and innovative scientists to join its Investigator Program. The institute pays the full salary of the investigator and offers a comprehensive benefits package. Deadline: Mar. 21.
- Faculty across all IU campuses are invited to join the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Research Competition as a faculty mentor. Winners receive $1,000 and have a chance to share their work with colleagues at six partner universities around the world at the Global Partners Research Forum in April. Deadline: Apr. 1.
- The William T. Grant Scholars Program supports career development for early-career researchers with interests in reducing inequality or understanding the use of research evidence. Awardees will receive $350,000 over five years. Deadline: Apr. 3.
- The FRSP-Seed Funding program at IU Bloomington supports new research projects that have not been previously submitted for external funding from federal, state, international or private entities but are targeted for submission to a specific external agency and whose likelihood of funding on submission would increase with the acquisition of data or proof of concept. Deadline: Apr. 3.
- Looking for additional funding opportunities? Use Pivot to search for external funding to support your work. Private foundation and corporate funding is also available through the Office of Business Partnerships and the Office of Foundation Relations.