A new IU study finds the coronavirus pandemic is widening disparities particularly for women, younger individuals, those with lower levels of formal education, and people of color.
Pandemic has widened the gap between 'haves', 'have nots'
Mentoring youth through HOPE
IU is leading an effort to mentor incarcerated youth on developing employment skills, especially youth who face racial prejudice and other challenges. The program is called Helping Offenders Prosper through Employment (HOPE).Read more about HOPE
Better treatments for kidney disease
An IU School of Medicine discovery points to potential for a revolutionary genetic approach to treating kidney disease. This personalized medicine approach will help reveal how different diseases affect a patient’s genes.Read about the discovery
Building connections with IU business partners
IU's Office of Business Partnerships has launched a new website to develop and foster industry-academic partnerships. OBP facilitates interdisciplinary and multifaceted opportunities across IU’s seven regional campuses.Read more about OBP
Video series combats addiction stigma
The "In This Together" series, produced by IU's Responding to the Addictions Crisis Grand Challenge and partners, is a community resource for those wanting to learn more about substance use disorder and how to help Hoosiers battling addiction and those who wish to support their recovery.Read more about the series
IU research in the news
Resources and events
- IU's survey of the pandemic's impact on IU research and researchers closes today, 2/19. Make your voice heard, complete the survey sent by email to full-time research faculty and staff on Jan. 19 or Feb. 2.
- The IU Emergency Equity Fund for Research is still accepting applications for funds to support certain research-related needs not already met by existing funding sources. Apply for Emergency Equity funding.
- Upcoming webinars of interest:
- Leveraging Google Cloud Platform for Research, 12 noon, Feb. 22, 2021
- Arts & Humanities Funding Opportunities at IU Bloomington, 11 a.m., Feb. 26
- Environmental Resilience Speaker Series with Mary Anne Hitt from Sierra Club, 12 noon, March 5, 2021
- NSF CAREER Series - Part II: Expert Panel, 2 p.m., March 5, 2021
- The Environmental Resilience Institute has launched the Climate Initiative Value Calculation (CIVIC) Workbook, a new tool to help local governments measure the benefits of actions to address climate change and evaluate the cost effectiveness of green initiatives.
- Access the latest IU research news from your smart speaker or other smart device. Audio news briefings are now available every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on various channels.
- Don't miss a thing! Follow IU Research on Facebook and Twitter.