IU's Aaron Carroll describes how a number of colleges and universities, including IU, have established a model for how to manage COVID-19 and its spread.
'The Colleges That Took the Pandemic Seriously'
IU's Janet McCabe nominated to EPA; ERI continues helping state
The current director of IU's Environmental Resilience Institute (ERI) has been nominated by the Biden administration as deputy administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. ERI’s work continues to make an impact around the state. In 2021, ERI will help nine Indiana cities and towns reduce local greenhouse gas emissions.Read more about the ERI's work
Surveying pandemic impact on research, researchers at IU
Recognizing the disproportionate impact the pandemic is having on caregivers, IU's Gender Equity in Research Task Force is conducting a survey to better understand the pandemic's effects at IU. Look for emails with unique survey links sent 1/19 and 2/2 to full-time research staff and faculty.Read about the task force
Cook Center for Public Arts and Humanities opens
A new arts and humanities hub in the restored Maxwell Hall at IU Bloomington will host lectures, exhibits, workshops, and conferences. Exhibitions open virtually Feb. 5 and for in-person viewing Feb. 9, following COVID-19 precautions.Read more about the new center
Entrepreneurs and emotional intelligence
Research from the IU Kelley School of Business finds that emotional intelligence – the ability to understand, use, and manage emotions to relieve stress – is vital in the world of entrepreneurship.Read more about the study
IU research in the news
Resources and events
- Access the latest IU research news from your smart speaker or other smart device. Audio news briefings are now available every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on various channels.
- Don't miss a thing! Follow IU Research on Facebook and Twitter.
- Upcoming webinars of interest:
- IU Research Restart, with special guest Dr. Aaron Carroll, Feb. 8
- Race, Caste, and Inequality: A Conversation with Isabel Wilkerson, Feb. 17
- IU Grand Challenges—Progress and Impact of the Precision Health Initiative, Feb. 19
- IU has established an Emergency Equity Fund for Research to fund certain research-related needs not already met by existing funding sources.
- Learn more about IU's Office of Business Partnerships through its new website at partnerships.iu.edu.