Uncovering Saturn's secrets
Saturn’s rings are much younger than scientists once thought, according to new research from Indiana University Professor Emeritus of Astronomy Richard Durisen — and they are not here to stay.
A method to enhance the immune system of plants to prevent disease loss and reduce dependence on pesticides has been developed by Distinguished Professor of Biology Roger Innes.Learn more about his work
Understanding the pipeline
To better understand and help address the shortage of licensed mental and behavioral health professionals in Indiana, a new project is underway with support from Lilly Endowment Inc. and led by Hannah Maxey at the Bowen Center for Health Workforce Research and Policy.Read more about the project
- The Irsay Institute is offering a Fellowship program for graduate students involved in sociomedical sciences at Indiana University Bloomington.The fellowship stipend award is $11,000 per semester and does not include a fee remission. Deadline: July 17.
- Looking for additional funding opportunities? Use Pivot to search for external funding to support your work. Private foundation and corporate funding is also available through the Office of Business Partnerships and the Office of Foundation Relations.
IU research in the news
- "'Hot Jupiters' may not be orbiting alone," Phys.org, with Songhu Wang.
- "IU research center takes new step in breast cancer research - accepting samples from men," Indy Star, with Michele Coté and the Susan G. Komen Tissue Bank.
- "Musk Promised Transparency, Then Hid Twitter Data," The Washington Post, with Filippo Menczer.
- "Indy air quality levels causing concern from doctors, environmental experts," WTHR, with Gabe Filippelli.
June 22 • 4pm - 5pm
"Paths to Federal Research Funding through Meetings, Proposers' Days and RFIs"
Presented by members of The Conafay Group and Cornerstone Government Affairs, learn how IU faculty have leveraged meetings, Proposers’ Days and requests for information issued by the Department of Defense and other federal government funding agencies to promote their research ideas to program officers and get a leg up in the competition for funding. Register for the Zoom webinar at: https://go.iu.edu/4O8H.