Note: Research Impact is switching to a monthly schedule for the summer. The usual biweekly pace will resume in August.
Sixteen recipients have been announced as the spring awardees of the soon-to-be $5 million Research Equipment Fund.
2023 IU Presidential Arts and Humanities Fellows
Indiana University has selected eight faculty members set to become international leaders in their field.Learn more about the program
New study led by IU's Equity Accelerator found that first-year college students who participated in a belonging exercise finished at a higher rate than their peers, but only when their institutions had strategies to support their belonging.Read more about her work
Funding opportunities and resources
- Fellowship for Research on Women’s Philanthropy. The one-year, $5,000 fellowship supports doctoral dissertation research and writing that contributes to the understanding of women’s philanthropy or gender differences in philanthropic behavior. Deadline: May 31.
- Enhanced Mentoring Program with Opportunities for Ways to Excel in Research (EMPOWER) provides support to minoritized IU Bloomington faculty to become successful in sponsored research and scholarly activity, as well as achieve significant professional growth and advancement. Mentees awarded $10,000. Mentors awarded $2,000. Deadline: June 1.
- Mallinckrodt Grants provide tenure track faculty members in their first to fourth year in biomedical science start-up support to move the project forward to the point where R01 or other independent funding can be obtained. Applicants with current R01 funding should not apply. Grant provides $60,000 per year for up to three years. You must be logged into InfoReady to view this opportunity. Deadline: June 4.
- Looking for additional funding opportunities? Use Pivot to search for external funding to support your work. Private foundation and corporate funding is also available through the Office of Business Partnerships and the Office of Foundation Relations.
IU research in the news
- "Economists Say Increasing Immigration Will Reduce Inflation," Forbes, with R. Andrew Butters.
- "America Is in Its Insecure-Attachment Era," The Atlantic, with Sara Konrath.
- "Researchers use AI to innovate insect discovery," Phys.org, with Christine Picard and Murat Dundar.
- "The Importance of Cybersecurity in University Research Projects," Ed Tech, with Anurag Shankar.
- Don't miss a thing! Follow IU Research on Facebook, IU Research on Twitter, and LinkedIn. IU Research now has 18 special Twitter ambassadors, helping to showcase the contributions IU faculty make every day to help make life better for Hoosiers everywhere. Give them a follow!