Funding opportunities and resources
- Brain Research Foundation’s Scientific Innovations Award Program provides funding for neuroscience research in well-established research laboratories that may be too innovative and speculative for traditional funding sources but still have a high likelihood of producing important findings. Each award is $150,000 over a two year period. You must be logged into InfoReady to view this opportunity. Deadline: May 7.
- Spencer Foundation Racial Equity Research Grants support education research projects that will contribute to understanding and ameliorating racial inequality in education. Proposal submissions are not required to be developed around a particular research topic, discipline, design, method or geographic location. Budget amount can be up to $75,000 for up to five years. Deadline: May 16.
- Applications are currently being accepted for the Debra Mesch Doctoral Fellowship for Research on Women’s Philanthropy. The one-year, $5,000 fellowship supports doctoral dissertation research and writing that contributes to the understanding of women’s philanthropy or gender differences in philanthropic behavior. Deadline: May 31.
- Enhanced Mentoring Program with Opportunities for Ways to Excel in Research (EMPOWER) provides support to minoritized IU Bloomington faculty to become successful in sponsored research and scholarly activity, as well as achieve significant professional growth and advancement. Mentees awarded $10,000. Mentors awarded $2,000. Deadline: June 1.
- Mallinckrodt Grants provide tenure track faculty members in their first to fourth year in biomedical science start-up support to move the project forward to the point where R01 or other independent funding can be obtained. Applicants with current R01 funding should not apply. Grant provides $60,000 per year for up to three years. You must be logged into InfoReady to view this opportunity. Deadline: June 4.
- Looking for additional funding opportunities? Use Pivot to search for external funding to support your work. Private foundation and corporate funding is also available through the Office of Business Partnerships and the Office of Foundation Relations.